Drive Traffic towards your Blog: Don't just Wait

Drive Traffic towards your Blog: Don't just Wait

by: Arlene Gentallan

Drive Traffic towards your Blog: Don't just Wait
Drive Traffic towards your Blog: Don't just Wait

        Once, I posted a blog with the intention to monetize it.

Mind you, the content creation isn't a piece of cake. It took me hours and hours to write what I thought of as an epic content.

        I patiently waited for traffic to come.

...Days pass by. No traffic.

Still I waited...

...and waited.

I ended a calendar month with only two page views.

I was on the brink of frustration. Maybe I should just give it all up. Generating money online is a myth.

It's beyond my belief. Out of the billion people in the world, only two people came across my blog.

But instead of deleting my account, I stick around. I have to figure out what I'm doing wrong.


What Did I Do Wrong?

I soon realize that driving traffic is something not accomplished by waiting. The fact that I've only waited was very wrong.

Even those pretty popular and well-established website don't just wait for a whole month to pass, sitting around waiting for traffic to come in. I realize this when I've noticed an advertisement (used as a marketing strategy to drive visitors to their site) on one of the webpages I've passed by.

Come to think of it, this website has a establish name in the industry. They already attracted visitors because of their website's brand. But they don't stop there. They don't solely depend on their title. They don't just wait for audience to come on their site.

They act on it. They find a way to reach out their audience. Not just one, they employ multiple strategies to drive traffic towards their site.

A fact that did not hit me until now.


Don't Just Wait

I was reading a blog post. It's a well done article. Evident by the number of comments it gained. One of those comment was pretty appealing and persuading. It links back to the commentator's webpage. And I thought to myself, why shouldn't I check out that site?

Who would have thought that even a comment can drive traffic towards your blog post?

...also: 
 
Even the act of continuously producing quality content is a traffic generator. An outdated blog isn't an edge.

There are tons of ways to generate traffic online or offline. The least you do is to wait.

The internet is a world. Although people are interconnected, they each have a certain place they stay on. Reach out. Find your audience.


Comments

Archive

Show more

@mypsychologyblogz

Popular Posts