Ghost stories: The road I will never take at nightfall

Ghost stories: The road I will never take at nightfall

Ghost stories: The road I will never take at nightfall
Ghost stories: The road I will never take at nightfall

By: Arlene Gentallan

        It was in the middle of the night. I have to pass an isolated road so I can get to where I need to go. I don't usually take that road at wee hours. You know, when you're all alone in a desolated road that's only lit by few street lamps made even creepier by the dead silent melody playing in the background, things can get heart-pounding especially when you have a hyperactive imagination.

        I thought to myself that this isn't a such good idea. What if I come across a bad guy?

        When I turn a corner, I caught a glimpse of a woman with long curvy hair. She was just a couple of feet away from me. She was just standing there doing nothing but she's as hell freaking me out.

        At the corner of my eyes, I can she was turning her head to me as I walk. For some reason (maybe due to the million goose bumps on me), I wasn't able to muster enough courage to turn my head and actually look at her to say "Hi!". Instead, I sprinted away.

        Hold your breath. Face forward. Walk...walk...faster! When I walked past her, I didn't turned my head back to check on her. Which kind of sucks because now, I wouldn't be able to tell you if she just vanished out of thin air  or hovered behind me.

        I kept asking myself. What the hell was she doing there? Is this some kind of prank? Is she a bad person?

        I couldn't see her face...maybe because I didn't look at her. Long curvy hair. Knee high dress. Her color was on gray-scale. It was dark, alright. She isn't even your typical ghost. Typical ghosts usually have dark straight hair and white flowing dress.

        Maybe she's a beggar, but I've never saw a beggar in that place. What the hell would a beggar be doing there in the middle of the night? Maybe she's lost but she could have said something to me. Maybe she's a prankster but she didn't said "boooo!". Maybe she's a bad person but all she did was stand there. Maybe she's just a passers by but she's just standing there as if she's stock on that spot.

        Is she a ghost or not?



        You know what's more creepy? It's the next day when I took the same road in the middle of the night. Come on, what could be the chances that I'll come across the same ghost...I mean, the same woman.

        As I was near the corner where I previously saw the woman, I realized that you can't actually see what's on the other side unless you actually make the turn. My heart skipped. She was there. What the F! This can't be a coincidence.

        It was really creepy when she was turning her head towards me, following me with her gaze as I walk.

        After that incident, I never took that road again at nightfall.



Comments

@mypsychologyblogz

Popular Posts